Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Youngstown smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete command of your Youngstown home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore recommendations to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Youngstown?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View real-time or saved video from all connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Youngstown by programming schedules or establishing rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The main screen will display a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Youngstown
Despite the fact that various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the information to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Youngstown security system. Call (330) 632-1363 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.