Ways to cut down on false alarms in Youngstown
False alarms may become an actual problem for a home security system. Not only can they erode the faith you have in your alarms, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you can do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Youngstown security system.
To begin, ensure that all components are installed correctly. This process may seem like an obvious course of action, but it’s common that basic user errors lead to false alarms. Next, keep an eye on potential culprits of false alarms, such as entry points that may be left open by accident. And finally, feel free to incorporate the extra options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Youngstown.
Could it be really that easy? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Youngstown could be averted
Just like you would address any issue, the best course of action is to reference the manual. Be certain that all your components are connected properly from your end by:
- Running a diagnostic through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Look over your scheduling to be certain that your system isn’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Make sure all recently added smart implements are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your customer service representative if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Youngstown system. They'll gladly schedule a tehnician to check your system.
Check your windows and doors
When your system appears to be installed properly, the next step is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your doors and widows tightly secured, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an entry point stays open, it may trigger a sensor. In the event your family consistently neglects to secure an entry point, you might want to install a smart lock that secures automatically when your home security is activated. Sadly, windows take extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it easy to turn off that sensor while protecting the rest of the residence.
Home automation is a great method to cut down on false alarms in Youngstown
One of the smartest methods to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your security system. By using your mobile security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlocking doors or windows. Then have your alarm system automatically set again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage when your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm if you leave the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Receive mobile updates when your components detect unusual motion or have need of a fresh battery.
- Link your system to a smart home speaker, so you may turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Youngstown by switching to a Vivint smart home
Increased control over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, call (330) 632-1363 or submit the form below.